Rajasthan Govt has implemented EV Policy 2022 from September 1st, 2022. It will be valid for 5 years till August 31st, 2027.
Policy Targets at end of period - 15% EV share in 2w registration
- 30% EV share in 3w registration - 5% EV share in 4w registration
- Phased transition to e-Buses connecting priority cities.
Those target will most likely be passed in 2w and 3w category.
Priority Cities:- Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur, Bikaner, Ajmer, Bharatpur and Alwar
All Electric Vehicles are exempted from Road Tax and Green Tax. Electric Vehicles carrying passengers or good do not require a permit.
SGST reimbursement for all EVs(for given units)
Incentives for each vehicle category
For 2w : INR 5000 - 10000 depending on battery capacity(fixed). : INR 2000 - 5000 for swap ones
: 100% SGST reimbursement : For 1,00,000 EVs
For 3w : INR 10000 - 20000 depending on battery capacity(fixed). : INR 4000 - 10000 for swap ones
: 100% SGST reimbursement : For 25,000 e-cart, e-rickshaw. For 25000 e-auto, e-goods carrier : 15% incentive in retrofit kits upto INR 10000, For 3000 retrofits
For 4w : INR 30000 - 50000 depending on battery capacity, ex showroom price under INR 20L.
: 100% SGST reimbursement : For 1000 personal 4w, 1000 commercial 4w, For 2000 e-Maxi cabs and Good Carrier : 15% incentive in retrofit kits upto INR 15000, For 2000 retrofits
For Buses : INR 1,00,000 - 5,00,000 depending on battery capacity
: 100% SGST reimbursement
: For 500 E-Buses : 15% incentive in retrofit kits upto INR 2,50,000, For 200 retrofits
- Setting Charging Infrastructure will not require any special permit
- Private charging at residences/offices permitted through existing connections
- Govt will lay down procedure for application of electricity connection and time required to provide connection - SGST reimbursement on EVSE upto a specific amount and specific number
- Also some more
- Power Tariffs at INR 6/Unit + Fixed charges.
Not sure how much fixed charges affect ROI for a CPO, but maybe fixed charges need to be low for public chargers.
There are other measures to boost manufacturing. You can download the pdf below.