In previous post/video we saw how to use Tesla NFC Key Card to unlock/lock and preparing to drive.
In this post(video also available on YT channel) we will see how to use Tesla Key Fob to unlock/lock and other features.
Key Fob is not provided by Tesla with vehicle, you have to purchase it separately.
You can watch the video here.
How to set up Key Fob
After purchasing the Key Fob, you can't go right away using it. You need to set it up with the vehicle first.
1. Unlock the vehicle using NFC Key Card.
2. On the screen go to "settings"(car icon at bottom right).
3. Go to "locks"
4. Click on + button.
5. Place the key fob behind the cup holders. When vehicle recognise it, remove it.
6. Now place the key card behind the cup holders to authentic the key fob. When done, remove it.
7. You can rename the key fob as you wish.
Key Fob is ready to be used.
Unlocking - Double press on "roof" of key fob.
Locking - Single press on "roof" of key fob.
Opening trunk - Double press on "trunk" of key fob.
Closing trunk - Double press on "trunk" of key fob.
Opening Frunk - Double press on "frunk" of key fob.
You have to manually close the frunk.
Opening charge port - Long press the "roof" of key fob
You can watch the video on our Youtube channel.
Special thanks to Nash Tesla in the Gong for helping us with this series. Do check out his channel.
*Don't forget to check out Club Merch.